Since the launch of our subscription service on October 1st, 2013, demand for such an app has been astounding – more than 100,000 users have come to Scribd seeking an app for their Kindle Fires. So, Kindle Fire users rejoice! Starting today, you can download our new Kindle Fire reading app, compatible with all Kindle Fire models, including the Fire HD and the Fire HDX. It’s exclusively available here: http://www.scribd.com/kindlefire.
While we’ve been hard at work developing our Kindle Fire app, we haven’t neglected our iOS and Android users. We’re also releasing an major update for Apple and Android devices, all based on feedback from our community of readers. Our mobile usage rate is growing by 50% per month, so we hope these newly-added and updated features make our mobile readers very happy:
- more readable fonts and better font sizes
- better location support while traveling
- five-star rating ability inside the mobile app
- a night reading mode featuring a softer black background
- and better tracking of location with real page numbers from the print book
As Scribd continues to grow, we will work even harder to bring the best reading experience to users on all platforms. In the meantime, happy reading!